Welcome to The Beginning Artist. I’m glad you’re here.
I started The Beginning Artist to journal my own progress as an artist. Over the years this website turned into a space for fellow artists to learn and grow together. Wherever you are on your artistic journey, I’ll try to help you as much as I can.
Like so many other people, I don’t hold any particular talent for art. Although I was interested in many art mediums, I definitely wasn’t one of those kids that can paint like Picasso before they even finish primary school. Truth be told, I even gave up on art for many years.
I graduated from college with a chemistry degree and started to work for a great company. Friendly colleagues, good salary, pleasant atmosphere-but I kept having this nagging feeling that something was missing.
Until one day I received some basic painting materials from a friend for my birthday. I instantly rediscover my passion. Ever since that day I have experimented with many art mediums and have grown so much as an artist.
Now I hope to inspire other people to find their lost passion for art.
Afraid that your drawings will be bad? Not sure which art supplies you need?
Think it’s too late to start now?
No worries. I’ve got you covered.
Recent Blog Posts
Here you can find my recent blog posts. Come back again for more tutorials, buyer’s guides, and reviews.
- How To Color Candle Wax: Food Coloring, Crayons, or Mica?Candles are fun and easy to make at home. But coloring the wax can be tricky. There are different ways to color …
- Best DIY Stained Glass Art Kits: ALL Tools That You Need!You might know people that are into woodworking, maybe someone in your family likes to draw, and perhaps you have met someone …
- 3 Best Weaving Loom For Beginner That Are EASY To LearnSo you want to start weaving as a hobby? Then a good weaving loom will be the first thing you need. But …
- Best Copic Markers For Beginners To Start WithBuying Copic markers isn’t easy. You know you should get at least the 3 primary colors: red, blue and green. But which …
- Best Paper For Copic Markers That You Need To Use NOW!Did you ever ruin a drawing because your marker suddenly started bleeding or feathering? If the answer is yes, then welcome to …
- Best Tablets For Osu In 2020 | Stop Using A MouseOsu is the perfect combination between bright colors, good music, and speed. It’s not only fun to play but also highly addictive …
Wondering why art is important?
“Art is unquestionably one of the purest and highest elements in human happiness. It trains the mind through the eye, and the eye through the mind.”
“The arts are a critical component of healthcare. Expressive art is a tool to explore, develop and practice creativity as a means to wellness.”
“Awe has many important implications for our well-being. Experiencing awe can give us a sense of hope and provide a feeling of fulfillment.”