Welcome to The Beginning Artist. I’m glad you’re here.
I started The Beginning Artist to journal my own progress as an artist. Over the years this website turned into a space for fellow artists to learn and grow together. Wherever you are on your artistic journey, I’ll try to help you as much as I can.
Like so many other people, I don’t hold any particular talent for art. Although I was interested in many art mediums, I definitely wasn’t one of those kids that can paint like Picasso before they even finish primary school. Truth be told, I even gave up on art for many years.
I graduated from college with a chemistry degree and started to work for a great company. Friendly colleagues, good salary, pleasant atmosphere-but I kept having this nagging feeling that something was missing.
Until one day I received some basic painting materials from a friend for my birthday. I instantly rediscover my passion. Ever since that day I have experimented with many art mediums and have grown so much as an artist.
Now I hope to inspire other people to find their lost passion for art.
Afraid that your drawings will be bad? Not sure which art supplies you need?
Think it’s too late to start now?
No worries. I’ve got you covered.
Recent Blog Posts
Here you can find my recent blog posts. Come back again for more tutorials, buyer’s guides, and reviews.
- Why Are Copic Markers So Expensive?I still remember the first time I bought Copic markers. The only thing I knew was that they were the best art …
- How To Sharpen Colored Pencils Without Breaking ThemNothing is as frustrating as colored pencils that keep breaking. There are many reasons why your pencils might keep breaking. But sharpening …
- Copic Markers And Colored Pencils: A Match Made In HeavenYou might consider yourself good at one art medium, or maybe a few mediums separately. But amazing results can happen, when you …
- Art Mediums That Are Easy To Learn For BeginnersAs a beginning artist the first thing you have to decide upon is what materials you will be working with. The options …
- Colored Pencils Vs Watercolor Pencils: What’s The Difference?You have probably come across both colored pencils and watercolor pencils. They look so similar, that you might even be wondering if …
- Can You Use Copic Markers On Watercolor Paper?Copics are some of the best art markers that you can get. But Copic markers themselves won’t get you very far. Because …
Wondering why art is important?
“Art is unquestionably one of the purest and highest elements in human happiness. It trains the mind through the eye, and the eye through the mind.”
“The arts are a critical component of healthcare. Expressive art is a tool to explore, develop and practice creativity as a means to wellness.”
“Awe has many important implications for our well-being. Experiencing awe can give us a sense of hope and provide a feeling of fulfillment.”