Welcome to The Beginning Artist. I’m glad you’re here.
I started The Beginning Artist to journal my own progress as an artist. Over the years this website turned into a space for fellow artists to learn and grow together. Wherever you are on your artistic journey, I’ll try to help you as much as I can.
Like so many other people, I don’t hold any particular talent for art. Although I was interested in many art mediums, I definitely wasn’t one of those kids that can paint like Picasso before they even finish primary school. Truth be told, I even gave up on art for many years.
I graduated from college with a chemistry degree and started to work for a great company. Friendly colleagues, good salary, pleasant atmosphere-but I kept having this nagging feeling that something was missing.
Until one day I received some basic painting materials from a friend for my birthday. I instantly rediscover my passion. Ever since that day I have experimented with many art mediums and have grown so much as an artist.
Now I hope to inspire other people to find their lost passion for art.
Afraid that your drawings will be bad? Not sure which art supplies you need?
Think it’s too late to start now?
No worries. I’ve got you covered.
Recent Blog Posts
Here you can find my recent blog posts. Come back again for more tutorials, buyer’s guides, and reviews.
- Schacht Mighty Wolf Loom ReviewAre you ready to take your weaving to the next level? You probably already have a fair amount of experience weaving on …
- What Size Rigid Heddle Loom Should I buy?Are you planning to buy a rigid heddle loom? And are you unsure what size to get? Then you have come to …
- Is Weaving Difficult To Learn?I often get the question if it’s difficult to learn how to weave and if it’s worth picking up as a hobby. …
- Different Types Of Weaving Looms: A Clear ExplanationIf you want to learn how to weave, the first thing you will have to do is to choose which loom you …
- Loom Weaving As A Hobby: This Is How To Get StartedWant to discover the “lost” art of weaving? You are not alone. Everyday new people are discovering how fun and rewarding weaving …
- Introduction To Die Cutting: Everything A Beginner Needs To KnowIf you are into arts and crafts you have probably come across the term die cutting. Regardless of which project you are …
Wondering why art is important?
“Art is unquestionably one of the purest and highest elements in human happiness. It trains the mind through the eye, and the eye through the mind.”
“The arts are a critical component of healthcare. Expressive art is a tool to explore, develop and practice creativity as a means to wellness.”
“Awe has many important implications for our well-being. Experiencing awe can give us a sense of hope and provide a feeling of fulfillment.”